« Back to Blog
The Great Fishpond Brings in the Buyers in August ’07- Holy City Scorecard
Sep 19, 2007 • By Places Real Estate • 0 Comments
It appears that beach houses on the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island led the wave of expensive sales in August in the Charleston area. And with the end of hurricane season in sight and the recent move by the Federal Reserve to drop rates by 50 basis points – Mr. Boehly’s estimated monthly mortgage payment on the top August transaction dropped below $30,000 – of course that’s only with a 10% down payment. Since the numbers are mustered from various sources, SquareFeet does not guarantee accuracy for the Top 10 list, only something worth your gander – over $2.3 million, that is. Check out the archives for the previous months’ big house sales.
- 2251 Atlantic Avenue – This 4,300 oceanfront home set a record for Sullivan’s Island as New York businessman Todd Boehly stepped up to the plate and broke the previous record of $4.7 on the tony Lowcountry isle. Locale: Sullivan’s Island. The Toll: $4.72M.
- 705 Palm Boulevard – Access to your own deepwater dock and infinity pool overlooking the marsh does not come cheap in these parts – and you also get 5,000 sf of new construction in this 5 bedroom contemporary. Locale: Isle of Palms. The Toll: $4.5M.
- 7839 Doar Road – Intracoastal Waterway 4,900 sf house on 15 acres in Awendaw secures a tie for second place this month. Yes, Awendaw – that’s about 20 miles north of the City of Charleston in what most would consider ‘the country.’ Locale: Awendaw. The Toll: $4.5M.
- 2302 Raven Drive – 6,240 sf, 2002 marshfront beach cottage. Water? Yes, you can see the water – but no, you can’t get to it from here. Locale: Sullivan’s Island. The Toll: $3.3M.
- 9 2nd Avenue – 3,500 sf luxuriously appointed beach house – near the beach anyway. Locale: Isle of Palms. Toll: 3.295M.
- 1914 Middle Street – 4,150 sf new construction beach house in one of the most costly zip codes in the country. Locale: Sullivan’s Island. The Toll: $3.05M.
- 5 Beachwood E – 1984 3,554 sf beach house with ocean views. Locale: Isle of Palms. The Toll: $2.7M.
- 2405 Palm Boulevard – 4,200 sf Island style house built in 2006 . Locale: Sullivan’s Island. Toll: 2.55M.
- 3006 Cameron Boulevard – If a 30’ lighthouse-style foyer is your cup of tea, then you missed out on this 4,500 sf beach home with an ‘almost’ unobstructed view of the ocean. Locale: Isle of Palms. The Toll: $2.55M.
- 116 South Battery – Totally renovated 1925 3,400 sf home located in South of Broad. Locale: Downtown Peninsula. The Toll: $2.3M.
Categories also posted in: Charleston, Downtown Peninsula, Homes for Sale, Housing Market, Isle Of Palms, Mount Pleasant, Mt. Pleasant, Neighborhoods, Real Estate, Residential, South Carolina, Sullivan's Island