« Back to Blog
Charleston Neighborhoods to Impress the In-Laws – Mount Pleasant
May 26, 2007 • By Places Real Estate • 5 Comment
Looking to impress the in-laws or your significant other and need to find a home where you can raise a family AND keep up with the Joneses…
The Skinny on Mount P:
Recently connected to downtown Charleston by a new 8-lane bridge, this fast growing burb of Charleston and 4th largest city in SC is the place to be for yuppies, suburbanites, and those wanting to live close to it all without the hassles of carriage rides and the cruise ship traffic of the historic district.
Where You Want to Be:
- Old Village – Historic waterfront homes overlooking Fort Sumter and downtown Charleston, charming streets, live oaks, and Pitt Street Pharmacy – where you can still get a real milkshake and a tasty BLT or egg salad sandwich. Or stay the night and have dinner at the Post House.
- I’On – Neotraditional neighborhood selected as one of the best in America for its quality of life, pedestrian, friendly nature, and mixed-use components. Don’t miss the Square Onion for lunch or grab a beer at O’Brions Pub in the Square; the adventurous can walk the Rookery and look for alligators napping in the sun.
- Olde Park – Moving from Atlanta or Charlotte and have a need for bigger yards and a luxury home, visit this neighborhood off Mathis Ferry Road featuring nice architectural details in a new home community that shares amenities (deepwater access, tennis and swim club) with its neighbor – I’On. Hit nearby Langdon’s Restaurant on Shelmore Boulevard for a great dinner in a surprising location.
What’s Sold Lately:
- New construction 4 Bedroom, 4,400 sf harborview home with views of Fort Sumter and downtown Charleston – $3.1 million. (Old Village)
- Classic 5,200 sf home on a double lot overlooking a large lake – $2.2 million (I’On)
- New French Country Stucco home with 5,500 sf, 5 bedrooms and all the extras – $2.65 million (Olde Park)
Want to Learn More or Get a Custom Report for Available Homes in Mount Pleasant? Contact Places.