« Back to Blog
The Punch of Summer, featuring 2313 Captain John Hutt Road on Goat Island
May 28, 2016 • By Places Real Estate • 0 Comments
Summer is here and with it comes bright pops and punches of color and fun. Embrace the season and amp up the playful side of life. Nothing embodies the essence of a summery good time like a nostalgic beachside tiki bar. Although bamboo and a thatch roof might not be your style, we can all appreciate the spirit of these hopping huts.
Texan “Don the Beachcomber” (aka Ernest Raymond Beaumont Gantt) opened the first tiki bar in 1934 in Los Angeles. This started a sensation that lasted through the sixties. Tiki is making a bit of a comeback and we can all appreciate the carefree attitude, humorous drink ware, and a great rum punch.
Pick up a few tiki mugs and paper umbrellas at Retro Planet.com, start crushing some ice, and shake up this divine rum punch.
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- Crushed ice
- 1 lime, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine the rum, juices, and grenadine. Stir until well blended. Fill glasses with ice; divide mixture between glasses. Garnish with lime and serve immediately.
2313 Captain John Hutt Road on Goat Island is the perfect place to sip a sweet rum concoction and welcome the summer. Click here to learn more and to schedule your private showing.